Tuesday, October 9, 2018

A fairly new hobby. Soap making.

For the past couple of years I've been making my own soap. It's something I've wanted to do for years but was always talked out of it by people who are afraid of lye. Grant it, you have to have respect for it. It's nasty stuff. But, if you take the precautions needed when handling it, you'll be fine.


                                  


The above three pictures are of soap I'm going to be selling. I love maps and have many of them so I'm using them to wrap some of the soaps.

Here is the soap from the first recipe I ever tried. It's 100% Olive Oil soap which is also called Castile soap. It's very gentle and great for babies or people with dry irritated skin. This soap takes a year to cure.


Lavender soap, some with Lavender buds others without. This batch was made last week and will take another month to cure or be hard enough to sell.

I used Safflower Oil with this recipe for oatmeal soap and love the results. It's still curing but I made some smaller bars that are usable and it's silky and bubbly.....can't wait to get feedback on it.

Last but not least, here's my mess! I store the soap supplies in the laundry room. I'm hoping to have wall cabinets by the first of next year to put the supplies in.
At some point, I'll go through the whole process of soap making.

God bless you and keep keeping on!
Sally



1 comment:

  1. One whole year to cure! I didn't know that...but then again, I don't know anything about making soap and am looking forward to more posts.
    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete