Wednesday, October 31, 2018

June 2018 Garden

"Spring being a tough act to follow, God created June."
Al Bernstein

June is always the most wonderful time of the year. In the perennial flowerbeds, almost everything has broken ground. The heat and bugs haven't had a chance to do their black magic and the plants and flowers are pristine.

This discount store Clematis has finally taken off. 

Japanese Iris is an amazing color blue.

Lupine! I'm so thrilled to be growing it.

This Peony plant was so full of blooms that they were drooping to the ground before I staked them.
                             
Old faithful Coreopsis blooms for a good 6 weeks and will get a 2nd flush if I cut them back.

Sweet William was one of the first perennials I was introduced to as a child and I still love it.

Very pale blue Columbine.

There are only a few Painted Daisies in the garden. I love them and need more.

Foxglove is another favorite.

I'm finally growing Baptisia...
This dark pink Peony blooms a little later than the others.


I love this Lowe's markdown rescue plant. It's a new cultivar of Veronica.

Tiny blooms of the Heuchera are garden energizer bunnies. They bloom almost all summer.

There's not much more beautiful than a rose!

Evening Primrose grows low and is a great filler plant.


Veronica in the background and Catchfly or Silene in the front.

Annuals aren't my favorite but they do have their place filling in nicely.

Woodland Phlox blooms really early.


This culitvar Yarrow is the only one that's survived my casual gardening.

Feverfew that I originally got many, many years ago from a neighbor of my sister when she lived in Maine. My 40 something year old kids really were kids then!

Siberian Iris
  
Rose Campion and Wild Geranium.

Spiderwort in back and Rose and White Campion in forefront.

Black-eyed Susan's are starting to bloom and will bloom through fall.

White and Rose Campion blowing my mind with the beauty.

Gaillardia begins blooming in June, as well.

Butterfly Weed
 
A beautiful red Rose. The plant was a gift from my daughter, Allison.

A lovely mix of perennails with Lupine in the front,

Irish Eyes! One of my favorite daisies.

Lots of blooms all around the old garden chair

Beautiful pale Pink Astillbe.

Last and certainly not least, Idgie or tabby cat cleaning her paws. 
Wow! I posted a lot of pictures here. How could I not? June was such a wonderful month in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment